The bridge works out glutes and strengthens the lower back, which is important for good posture.
Initial position: Lie on your yoga mat, bend your knees, and place your feet hip-width apart. Place your arms by your sides.
What to do:
- Engage your buttocks and raise them up, creating a straight line with your body. Your shoulders should be on the floor.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds and slowly lower your body back to the initial position.
- Repeat 15-20 times. Give yourself a rest for 30 seconds after every 5 reps.
4. Reverse shoulder stretch
This is an effective exercise to stretch your back and shoulder muscles and remove tension and pain in them.
Initial position: Stand on a yoga mat, with your feet wider than your shoulders, place your straightened hands behind you, and lock your palms together.
What to do:
- Bring your shoulder blades together and start putting your arms up. Try to feel the tension in your spine and shoulder muscles.
- For more spine stretch bend forward and bring your locked hands up. Hold this position for 10-15 seconds.
- Slowly return back to the initial position.
- Repeat 20 times.