Modern life takes its toll on our posture when we spend hours sitting and neglect the position of our spine. Poor posture leads to an imbalance in our muscles which means that they can’t support the body properly. Luckily, this can be fixed by doing a set of effective exercises. Moreover, they can help you to reduce back pain, stop headaches, increase energy, and improve circulation and digestion.
We ready to help our readers achieve a beautiful and healthy body, and found 11 simple exercises that can be done at home by anyone. At the end we included a small tip, as a bonus for those who enjoy massage.
1. Upper trapezius stretch
It’s better to start from your shoulders first to relax your upper muscles. An upper trapezius stretch is just perfect for this.
Initial position: For this exercise, you can stand or sit on your yoga mat, whatever you like. Keep your head straight.
What to do:
- Slowly move your right ear toward your right shoulder. When you do this, it’s normal that your left shoulder might lift as well. If it does, bring your head back to the initial position and try to relax your left shoulder.
- Put your right hand over your head and place it on your left cheekbone. Don’t push your head down with it, it should just lie there. This will stretch your upper trapezius muscles very gently.
- Calmly breathe and sit in this position for 30 seconds.
- Slowly remove your hand, come back to the initial position and repeat the same on the other side.
The Superman exercise engages your upper and lower back. It helps you fight lower back pain and prevents a curved spine.
Initial position: Lie face down on your stomach, on your yoga mat.
What to do:
- Extend your arms and legs. Keep your neck neutral.
- Keep your torso stationary and lift your arms and legs up toward the ceiling. Try forming a “U” shape with your body.
- Hold the position for 5 seconds, lower your arms and legs, and go back to the initial position.
- Repeat 10 times.